Wireless protected setup is a wireless network security that makes easier and faster connection between wireless device and router. It only works with the wireless network that use encrypted password with WPA security protocols. You never connect a wireless device to a wireless network until you does not know the name of network.
HP Envy 5534 all in one printer is affordable device used for home and office purposes as it has higher printing quality and excellent printing speed. It has dual-band WiFi network connectivity which make it capable to connect with both wireless network and USB cable to computer. The most important features of this printer are print, copy, scan and fax. It has various mobile printing solutions like Air Print, e-Print and Mopria print.
How to Connect HP Envy 5534 Printer to Wireless Network
- Firstly, turn on your 123.hp.com/envy 5534.
- Go to home screen of your printer and tap on Wireless Direct.
- Press “OK” to initialize the Wireless Direct.
- It will display all the available networks. Now, you have to search your preferred network from displayed list.
- In case, you have enable the security on your network then it will ask to enter password of your WiFi.
- Enter your WiFi password and press “OK”.
- 123.hp.com/envy 5534 Wireless Protected Setup in Windows
The WiFi can be setup by two ways, either by using SSID and password or WPS (WiFi Protected Setup).
- Switch on your HP Envy 5534 printer.
- Open control panel and press the wireless icon.
- Now, go to setting and then Wireless Setup Wizard. Click on OK to continue. The Wireless setup wizard search and display all available networks.
- Follow all on-screen instructions. Select name of your network from all available network to complete the connection process. Also, download HP wireless software.
- Enter SSID and password to connect your printer to wireless network.
- You can also connect your printer directly by using WPS button. Press WPS button on your printer and router. It will directly connect your printer to the home network.
- 123.hp.com Wireless Protected Setup in Mac
- Ensure that your printer, computer and router are turned on. Also, check that your computer is connected to wireless network.
- Go to control panel and press the wireless icon on printer. Now, go to setting and then Wireless setup wizard. It displays list of all available networks.
- Follow all on-screen instructions. Now, select your network and complete the connection set-up process.
- Click on Apple menu and select About This Mac Click on software updates by clicking on updates icon.
- Select your system preference from apple menu to scan or print. Click on “+” at lower left corner of window to select name of your printer.
- In case, your printer is not listed then click on add printer.
- Before printing, restart all the applications. Also, use updated HP software features.