To start with this printer, you firstly have to remove all the packaging material and tape from 123.hp.com/envy 5540 printer. Take out HP Envy 5540 printer device from the box very carefully. After that, connect your printer to the power socket so that you can feed the power to your printer and can take out print out. To print out the documents, you also have to install the ink cartridge. In case, if it is already installed then move to the next phase. If it is not installed then install the ink cartridges by taking out the ink cartridge from the package and insert it into the respective slots. In the next step, load a stack of plain papers into the input paper tray avoiding the crumbles and wrinkles. In this way, you can complete the primary setup of HP Envy 5540 printer setup and you can easily install the printer drivers and software for your printer.
Simple Steps for Driver Installation for Windows
- Confirm the connection of HP Envy 5540 printer with your computer. Also, make sure that both of them are connected to the same network.
- After that, download the printer driver software from 123.hp.com/envy 5540.
- After completing the downloading of HP Envy 5540 printer driver, it will automatically saved to your system.
- Use HP download and install assistant.
- Click on Next button and then tap on Install now option to install the printer driver.
- If you have USB connection then remove it for updating the network printer.
- Search Windows for printers and drivers after removing the USB cable.
- Click on printers and devices in the list of available results.
- Select the printer device which matches with your printer model. Remove the printer by selecting the remove device option.
- At last, disconnect USB cable and restart your printer.
Steps for Driver Installation for Mac
- Make sure that your computer and 123.hp.com/envy 5540 printer are connected to the same network.
- Download the printer driver and software based on your operating system. Click on driver and then click on download. After downloading the driver, it will saved automatically.
- Open the downloaded file.
- Select your printer and then click on continue button to install the driver.
- Now, you will be prompted to agree with some terms and conditions.
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation process for your Mac device.